Thursday 19 January 2012

Recent things I have enjoyed..

 Buyapower/ moroccanoil
From pinterest
Buyapower  is a website where they sell  a limited amount of various beauty products and the more they closer they get to selling the total number, the cheaper the price gets. I've seen things in the past that have tempted me but I've always resisted. However, yesterday, when I saw that they were selling a 100ml bottle of moroccanoil for £21 I got a little bit excited. Turns out, I was in the nick of time, as I grabbed the last bottle of the offer!

I love moroccanoil! Following a disastrous set of highlights about a year ago, I've been on a mission to recondition my hair and moroccanoil does wonders. The only bad thing about it is it's pricey, so much so, that last time I ran out, I tried a cheaper loreal alternative which unfortunately does not cut the mustard! Nevertheless, I'm very excited that I snaffled this bargain!!

The Artist


From pinterest



From pinterest

I saw it last night and loved it! I laughed, I (almost) cried and I bit my nails in anticipation. Go and see it if you haven't already. I love old movies and knew that I'd have no problem with it being in black and white but I wasn't sure how I'd cope with the silent thing! After seeing it I think if anything,  it enhances your viewing. It makes you read more into the expressions because you don't always know what is being said.

Food

I've tried out a few recipes that I've seen on blogs recently. Both of them have been American written which has provided a few immediate translation difficulties. I'm getting used to using cups as a measure though now!

I tried this recipe. It looked delicious. I didn't know what wheat berries were so I used bulgar wheat. I'm also not sure if what I know as curly kale is the same as kale in the US. Also, in absence of my 'local middle eastern grocery store', I made my own pomegranate molasses and I think it turned out okay. My only problem was I think I overdid the curly kale, quantity wise... it was tasty though!
As you can see.. I've discovered food photography isn't as easy as it seems..

The second recipe was the one I posted in my last post, the reese's peanut butter banana bread. I just put chunks of chocolate instead of the reeses. I also assumed that baking soda was bicarbonate of soda?? Who knows!? Anyway, this was delicious :-) Quite crumbly but that doesn't affect the taste one bit!
Mmm.. tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment