Thursday 9 February 2012

Recent things I have enjoyed...

Call the midwife
Source

I'm really enjoying this new series on BBC1. If you haven't heard of it it's about the experiences of a young midwife in the east end of London in the 1950s. It's funny (it has Miranda Hart in it!), heartwarming and sad all in one go Love it! It's filled a Downton Abbey shaped hole in my Sunday evenings!

Home-made cake stand

I got the idea to do this from  this blog post that was featured on the guardian. I scoured charity shops for plates and got the middle bit from ebay ( search for three tiered cake stand fixing) for a few pounds and ta da... I'm really happy with how it turned out. The plates in total were £3.20 so it was pretty cheap to make, not to mention fun! I might make some more and give them as presents this year!

The Rules of Civility
I recently borrowed the book from the library and demolished it in 24 hours tops! I love reading about the 1920s. It had the glamour of The Great Gatsby but told from a female perspective of a kind of a rags to riches storyline with a twist. Definitely recommended!

If anyone has a book/ tv show/ project that they've enjoyed recently I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment